A sweet alternative to the ever-popular classic solitaire, this lovely solitaire ring features a 6 mm heart-shaped laboratory grown ruby. The stone is securely held in a 6-prong sterling silver mounting. The mounting is brightly polished, but can be antiqued if you prefer. Additionally, although the ring as pictured features a ruby, it can also be made with a 6 mm heart-shaped white sapphire.
When I first began working at the jewelry store that was my first job, I was puzzled to learn that the typical four-prong solitaire mounting that I had grown up seeing was actually considered one of the least secure ring mountings. The jeweler would often shake his head over the number of these broken mountings that found their way across his bench.
The reasoning was simple. With a four-prong mounting, if one of the prongs becomes damaged there is a fairly good chance that the stone may be lost. However, with a six-prong mounting, losing or damaging a prong will not lead to loss and sorrow - there are five other prongs that hold the stone safe.
I am happy to create this ring for you in any size you need, including half sizes and quarter sizes. Please let me know if you have any questions about this lovely ring!
- Materials- Sterling silver six prong solitaire mounting, set with your choice of 6 mm heart-shaped ruby or white sapphire
- Finish - Brightly polished
- Dimensions - Solitaire: 5mm high, 2mm wide, stone - 6mm in diameter
- Handmade in Greer, SC, USA
- Ready to ship in 3 - 5 business days (We may have slower production at holiday times!)
- Arrives packaged for gift giving.
- Standard orders are sent USPS First Class, which arrives in 2 - 5 business days in the domestic US and 10 - 15 business days internationally. Upgrades to this are available at checkout.